Martindale Abrasion Tester UI-FT19
To test textile, leather abrasion resistance by Martindale method rubbing samlpe in Lissajous curve.
- Satra TM31 | EN344 | ASTM D4966
- ISO, GB, BS and etc.
- 18 months warranty
- CE & ISO17025 calibrated certificate
Martindale Abrasion Tester is used to test pilling & abrasion resistance of textile fabric, leather and other materials by rubbing sample in all directions (a Lissajous figure) in wet or dry conditions.
1. Unuo Martindale Test Equipment Features
- Test positions for Choice: 4, 6, 8, 9;
- With Emergency Stop Function;
- Martindale Machine Type: Abrasion Type; Abrasion & pilling Type;
- Need test consumables are available;
2. What is Martindale Abrasion Tester Working Principle
The Martindale machine would rub the circular sample against standard abradant under given pressure in Lissajous figure. Record the test cycles when the sample is broken.
3. Difference Between Pilling and Abrasion
Normally for shoe upper materials & leather, Martindale Abrasion Machine with only abrasion/rub function is required; For textile, Martindale abrasion and pilling tester with both functions is requested.
–Pilling is a modified Martindale method to know textile fabric surface pilling resistance ability. Martindale pilling test method/standards includes ISO 12945-2, ASTM D4970, IWS TM 196, M﹠S P17, Next TM26, SN 198525 and etc.
–Abrasion is to test if the sample is likely to change its color or be damaged by rubbing. Martindale abrasion test method/standards includes SATRA TM31, ISO20344 Section 6.12, ISO 17704, ISO 5470-2, ASTM D4966, AS/NZS 2210.2 section 6.12, GB/T 20991 section 6.12, BS3424.24, EN 344-1 section 5.14 and etc.
4. Martindale Abrasion Tester Procedure
Here for Martindale abrasion test procedure and case study. Operation manual and operation video in English would be sent with machine for Martindale rub test guide.
5. Martindale Abrasion Machine Specification
|Sample size||Diameter 38mm|
|Control Method||Button control / Touch screen control|
|Test Positions||4, 6, 8, 9|
|Size of abrasion head||28.66 ± 0.25mm (Exposed area of specimen holder: 645±5mm2)|
|Pressure||595 ± 5g (9kPa) ; 795 ± 7g (12kPa)|
|Speed||47.5 ± 5 r/min|
|Size of Lissajous figure||60±1mm*60±1mm|
|Diameter of abrading base||125±5mm|